ppp server

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Oct 28 00:55:11 EST 2002

Hi
I have debian woody and I wanted to setup a ppp server to dial in to when
I'm on the road so I won't have to pay for an isp.
I have a network like this
eth0 6.12.14.1/30 connected to hub and dsl-modem
eth0:1 10.0.0.1/24 ip_alias connected to hub
host xp 10.0.0.2/24 connected to hub
host win2k 10.0.0.3/24 connected to hub
I have all the traffic masqed through the linux machine's gateway, and
going out eth0.
What I want to do is setup ppp so it hands me an address like 10.0.0.100/24
The address has to be handed by dhcp so my BrailleNote can connect while
I'm away but it is okay if dhcp hands the same address  all the time. I've
never done this before and have no idea where even to start.. I have no
problem reading but what to read?
thanks for any help,
sincerely,
Patrick