seeking feedback on kernel version

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sun Oct 27 20:23:40 EST 2002

Hi all. I am working on new Woody disks with Speakup built in. Version
3.0r0 has both the 2.2 and 2.4.x kernels. Is anyone opposed to having only
a bootable Cd with the 2.4.x kernel (default)? My plan is to create a
bootable 3.0R0, and not work on the floppy images. The reasoning behind
this is that if someone installs from Cd, they will have to spend the same
amount of time downloading as they would if they booted from floppy, and
installed over a network. So what does everyone think about scrapping
2.2.x? Bc what is most likely going to happen is that the person
installing the system is going to upgrade to the later kernel anyway.
Thanks for any feedback!

May you code in the power of the source,
may the kernel, libraries, and utilities be with you,
throughout all distributions until the end of the epoch.