trying to get started.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Oct 27 12:17:52 EST 2002

Glenn Ervin writes:

> To me ISA is an old type of expansion slot,

Check the spelling. ISA and ISO are not the same. Please be careful of such details, or you'll have more trouble than
you need getting used to the differences between Linux and the DOS/Windows environment you seem to know.

> I guess another part of my original question referred to the fact that I am
> not worried about disk space, and linux, on my system,  will have 2
> different DOS partitions to work with,

You'll need approximately 4.7 gB to install everything included with Red Hat 8.0, which is recommended if you have the
space.

>  I can afford to use a version of
> linux which relies little on floppy disks; for the install.

No distribution requires you to use floppies.

				Janina