trying to get started.

Glenn Ervin glennervin at cableone.net
Sun Oct 27 11:56:36 EST 2002

Hi Janina,
I am glad you mentioned that ISA means an image of a CD, as I had looked
around for an image, and I saw the ISA downloads, but I did not know what it
meant.  To me ISA is an old type of expansion slot, but I knew that this
could not be what it was meaning.
I noticed in the debian area there was a couple of packages of isa
downloads.  How does one decide which one to download?  I suppose you need
to just check out what utilities are on that particular package,, or is
virtually every program created for that version of linux on every CD image?

I guess another part of my original question referred to the fact that I am
not worried about disk space, and linux, on my system,  will have 2
different DOS partitions to work with, I can afford to use a version of
linux which relies little on floppy disks; for the install.