Help with alsa.

Thomas Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Sat Oct 26 23:09:57 EDT 2002

Hi, list. I have a problem and I hope someone can help with this.

First, off I'll preface this by stating this is my first install of alsa,
and don't know much about setting up alsa, and have always depended on the
oss drivers supplied with the kernels.

I've already downloaded the alsa-drivers version 9.0 rc5, and have run
./configure, make, and make install.It seamed to build ok and the sound
drivers have been installed to /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/kernel/sound.
However, at this point I don't know what to do, and haven't as yet found any
detailed docs which gives me a step-by-step instructions on how to:

1. remove my existing oss sound drivers.
2.  Setup/configure the alsa sound drivers.

Any suggestion, comments, or help is welcome. Thanks.

PS
I am using a soundblaster live which is the snd-emu10k1 driver.