trying to get started.

Glenn Ervin glennervin at cableone.net
Sat Oct 26 19:33:38 EDT 2002

I need some help getting started.

I am trying to get started with installing linux with speakup.
I have a DOS partition dedicated just for linux.
I have a R/W CD-ROM and a zip disk which I was hoping to use for
installation.
I have looked over the various packages of linux, and I am wondering if
there is a way to just download any & all of one brand of linux, such as
debian, or one of the other two mentioned.  I have found dozens & dozens of
files to download, and I would just like to get all of them, for whichever
package I go with as one file.

Another thing I am hoping someone can help with, is the choice of one of the
three brands of linux.  I would prefer to install from a zip disk or from a
CD.  I am not too enthused about installing from a bunch of floppies, which
is what debian seems to offer.

Thanks for any assistance.

"Live long and prosper",
O. Glenn Ervin (Lenny)
N0YJV
Northeast Nebraska
e-mail:
glennervin at cableone.net
The above address can also be found on MSM.
or my work e-mail:
gErvin at ncbvi.state.ne.us