Adding Synth Driver to Speakup

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon Oct 21 09:26:49 EDT 2002

Forget the 215.
It requires  you t o load software onto the board and to be controlled
with VEST or sonixtts
which were originally separate components.
Anyone remember loading sonix (which said "hello") and then loading
tts which stated "Text to speech 1.03 is loaded" then
you would optionally run porttalk and then your screen reader.
Unfortunately the artic cards require software from th e pc to run and go onto the card
to make them talk; a bit like the dectalk PC or
accent mini.

Regards, Kerry.