Adding Synth Driver to Speakup

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Oct 21 07:02:49 EDT 2002

I'm curious.  I have an old Artic Synphonics 215 ISA card here and
wonder if it is worth attempting to write a driver for it to use with
Speakup.  At this point, I would have to contact Artic Technology to
see if they could clue me in on how to access the board.  That and
construction of a basic driver from speakup's source.  I recall
someone saying here on the list to simply clone an existing driver; if
so, which one for internal boards such as this one?

While I'm here, I would like to consider similarly for the GW Micro
sounding board.

Any comments, ideas...?