Items fly by

erik burggraaf erik at erik-burggraaf.com
Sun Oct 20 11:49:11 EDT 2002

Hi list.  I'm using the locate command to find some diagnostic software and
potencial mount points for basic hardware like a floppy drive or a modem.  I
can find what I want no problem, but I also get a lot of things I don't
want.  Sometimes screens after screens.  The screens scroll automaticly, and
I wonder if there's a way to change this.  Failing that, is there a way to
get at the items at the top of the list without doing a locate and listening
to the whole thing over.  I've done this 4 or 5 times, and it's starting to
be counter productive.  I think if I could just stop the scroll where I
wanted and review the lines I'm interested in, I'd be a little more
effective.
Thanks for any advice.
Erik

---