word processor wanted

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Sun Oct 20 08:46:18 EDT 2002

Ok, I can't help but ask. I've been hearing about this festival and
taling emax. SO, I gather that if you can get your hands on festival,
you can setup emax with the speech server and use software speech of
sorts with it?
I've thought about playing with emacs speech, but not sure if it would
be of value or not.
I guess it would be something interesting in at least what the
environment is like.

Btw, I've been really trying to wrack my brain here, but there was a
console word processor, but it was not free unfortunately. I just can't
think of it. I had tried it at one point and the time ran out on it
before I could really get into learning it. I will say though that nano
is more than good enough for 80% of most word processing jobs. I don't
think there's a way to do underlining, bolding, etc., but that would be
about the only things that come to mind you would need generally. Sure
labels and all that other murging stuff is what you get with most word
processing packages.

Scott