ADDING TO GCC'S INCLUDE SEARCH PATHS?

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Fri Oct 18 14:13:15 EDT 2002

Doug Lawlor staggered into view and mumbled:

>Hello list, I need to know how I go about adding to the search paths
>where gcc looks for include files.  As far as I can tell it currently
>looks in '/usr/include' and '/usr/local/include'.  I would also like to
>have the compiler look in '/opt/gnome/include' and '/opt/kde/include'.
>How do I make this happen?

`gcc --help' on my system produced a list of info which indicated
that `-B' is the commandd line parameter you may want.  I seem to
recall that `-I' was also used to include directories or files, but I
have not done anything like that for some time.

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
Opinions herein are either mine or they are flame bait.
COSEC (x) / SEC (x) = (COTAN (x) / TAN (x)) ^ 2