Mplayer and Win media.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Wed Oct 16 19:21:14 EDT 2002

Well ok, so I lied, I can get streams to play, and in fact there are some
streams that play perfectly, but most of them seem to cause mplayer to
crash.  They start playing for about a second, then pause for about 2
seconds as if there's lag or network congestion, then play for about 3
seconds and then mplayer simply hangs.  It's weird, it happens with asf
and asx streams, not sure why this should be, especially since a small
proportion play without a hitch.

Any suggestions?  Is it something to do with the streams themselves?

Cheers.

p.s. Even the BBC has started using them now, though there's plays
perfectly.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at gw0ucu.plus.com
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808