Emacspeak and Speak up for linux

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed Oct 16 01:36:45 EDT 2002

That's strange, all I did to get emacspeak going with viavoice was to
download the viavoice files one of them is viavoice and the other one is a
runtime kit and install both of them.  Then I typed emacspeak -o and
emacspeak came up talking on my sound card.  Not saying you're wrong
either in fact next time I install emacspeak I may try your method to see
if it has any advantages over what I had done before.  Thanks for sharing
an alternative I didn't know about.