Accessing msn messenger under linux

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Wed Oct 16 00:28:57 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bear in SFO" <BearSFO at PacBell.NET>
To: <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 11:22 PM
Subject: Re: Accessing msn messenger under linux

> So I can use centericq for both?  how do I set up the different screen
> names? (one for AIM and one for MSN)?
>
> Thanks!

Centericq has support for; icq, msn, aim, yahoo, and irc.  When you start
centericq for the first time you are prompted for the config settings, you
use your up/down arrows to go through choices and then right arrow to done
and press enter.  Then you are taken to the account set up screen where you
can put in only aim if you wish, or put in what ever im accounts you have
and that is all you need.  When you sign in you will see which im services
are active at the top of the screen, your contact list will be one contact
list showing all your im contacts. When you press enter on one of your
contacts you will see what im service they are on in case you don't already
know. This is handy in case you have more than one name for different im
contacts.  example: I have a friend who uses Joe for both his icq nickname
and Joe for his msn name.  So on my contact list he shows up twice as "joe".
If you read the readme of centericq you will get lots of good info.

hth.