recomended Alsa version for an AWE64?

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Tue Oct 15 21:05:22 EDT 2002

I got beta 12 to compile and now have it playing sound and am slowly
figuring out how to set volumes and such.  Also, I am trying to figure out
how to make /dev/sequencer work, but at least it came up.  I had left the
standard kernel sound drivers built as modules because I wanted them to
revert back to in case I couldn't get Alsa to work.  However, the problems
with compiling RC3 all revolved around ISAPNP.  I'm going to check out the
Alsa web site for bug reports on this and submit one if I can't find one.
I can't believe that something like this hasn't gone unnoticed yet.