Unreal IRCD

James Poss shinnok at zevils.com
Tue Oct 15 05:35:23 EDT 2002

Hello,
I've played with unreal IRCD quite a bit, infact, that's what runs my
IRC server ATM.
If you want SSL support, make sure you downloaded a copy that can
support it.
In many cases, programmers don't have time to include configuration
files for each flavor of a program they release.
I believe you can specify if you want SSL support during the configure
process.
Also, make sure that you went through the certificate creation at the
end of configure.
If you didn't compile SSL support in, it will complain about theat
piticular block of directives.
In which case, the best thing you can do is remove that block.
Also, pay close attention to the configuration files comments, as they
provide very valuable information about what needs to be changed.
and if you still have cloak keys with letters, remove them, as to my
knowledge, letters are not allowed in cloak keys.
If you need any more assistance, feel free to email me personally, or
visit me on my IRC server at irc.the-bofh.com, nickname BOFH.
hope this helps you.

Jim

--