dns problem more info

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Mon Oct 14 06:46:16 EDT 2002

Ah, I just realized one thing I forgot to mention or am sure I didn't in
my original msg. I neglected to mention the error I'm getting when I try
to do any lookups beyond my own info, is the connection times out.
This could very well point to a problem with the bind configuration
perhaps? I'm sure its not my firewall cause I even as crazy as it is,
ran the box for a short without one just to test and was getting the
same error.
This then must surely be a problem with the configuration. I did run the
namedcheck-conf and it gave no errors, but that might not mean much.
Does bind 9 bind to all ports and listen or was that behavior changed
from prior versions.

thanks for the help thus far.

Scott