slackware 8.1 iso images

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Sun Oct 13 16:48:47 EDT 2002

The only way you could get the rescue or "live" CD without buying
Slackware is to have somebody who already has it burn you a copy.  I think
this would be legal since the OS is under the GNU.  Just to satisfy your
curiosity, the Live CD does have not only Speakup but Brltty.  I've only
used it once when repartitioning.  If you are interested in rescue type
applications, have a look at tomsrbt.  There is a Speakup-enhanced version
on the Speakup ftp site in the disks directory.  This rescue disk has most
anything you need and there is also a set of Parted disks there, but they
are a bit outdated.  However, they should still work.