O T: docbook

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Sat Oct 12 20:10:58 EDT 2002

If anyone can help me installing "docbook xml dtd"  I would
appreciate hearing from you.

The docbook package is required by gnome 2.0.6 and this Slackware
system apparently does not have it installed. The gnome mailing
list (actually the "garnome" mailing list) is less than helpful
with this problem. I am advised to read the archives and switch
to a reasonable distribution, which is evidently debian.

I have the docbook-xml-4.2.zip package, but it comes with
absolutely no clue as to where to put it or how to install it,
and the gnome installation script expects it to be installed
before it can continue.

If any Slackware users out there have installed gnome 2.0.X I
would sure like to hear from you, or anyone who knows about
docbook. Write privately if you wish.

Thanks -

Chuck

So visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck