more network problems

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Oct 10 17:38:05 EDT 2002

If you find a rc.firewall script, you or somebody would have to have put
it there.  Yes, you could delete it, but this isn't your problem because
the script isn't run until your network is up.  By the way, when you run
netconfig and choose DHCP, it asks for a hostname and says that some
providers require it.  Leave it blank unless you are 100% sure you need
it.  I didn't need it with Road Runner, but reportedly, some providers
require it.  Maybe your router requires a hostname or you've set it to
require one.  In any case, like I said, try a direct connection to your
cable modem first.