New console code in 2.5.x kernels (was Re: 8.0 problems.)

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Tue Oct 8 00:14:07 EDT 2002

Hi:

I'm not quite sure what the console code rewrite is meant to achieve, but
it's been on the cards for some time now (I recall Kirk talking about it
when 2.3.x was still on the go).  Something this major is only ever going
to happen in a development series kernel, though that's not to say that
changes in stable treess don't break speakup (they do, but we do get
somewhat under the hood in order to work).

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html