8.0 problems.

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Mon Oct 7 01:29:08 EDT 2002

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Tommy Moore wrote:

> And as for the most GPL heavygroup Debian, Speakup won't be in that
> distro for quite some time to come I suspect aside from the modified
> installers we make.

hmmm.  I know they expressed interest in having speakup in Debian ages ago,
I think before we felt it was quite ready.  I'd like to think we could turn
them around on this one.

Of course, the big goal is to get speakup into the regular Linux kernel
tree.  I know Kirk and allen Cox <SP?> have been E-mailing back and forth
on this subject for months and months, but I don't know where things
currently are at with this.  Obviously, speakup will have to be made to
work with the current 2.5.x kernels before this can realisticly be on the
cards again.  Just think ... 2.6 kernels with speakup and ALSA built in.
woohoo!  Nice thought.

Geoff.