laptop for sale

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Oct 6 21:38:50 EDT 2002

Hi.
 I am looking to get rid of a laptop that I own. The laptop is being sold
as is because I have no idea why the hard drives keep failing.
It is a
mva6690 made by now bank rupt dual technologies INC.  They made a lot of
monitors, anyway here are the specs..
AMD k6-II 400 MHZ
64M ram (2slots of 2 32M modules)
expanded to 128M
non-working removable 2.5 9.5MM hard-disks with housing
1 brand new hd
I think I bent a few of the pins on it when I tried to insert it in to the
housing that slides in to the laptop
it is a 2.1 G IBM Travel Star
second hard drive
6.0 hard drive, I have no idea why it doesn't work.. Both hard drives are
in warrantee from the manufacturer So they could be replaced.
I believe it was a power problem with the battery but I don't have time to
mess with it any longer.
here are the rest of the specs.
yamaha opl3SAX sound (multichannel sound card) under windows
in Linux uses the yamaha opl3SA2 sound driver as the alsa sound module.
video chipson technologies 6990 I believe that is correct 2m on board video
ram.
2 PCMCIA slots
1 IR port capible of Fast IR
1 USB port
compatibal with Linux
1 serial 9 pin male connecter
1 printer ECP bydirectional lpt port
1 PS2 port for mouse/keyboard/numberPad
audio jacks include
1 headphones/stereo out
1 microphone
1 line-in
1 video out for connection to a tv
monitor crt port for connection of a crt monitor switch easily with quick
function keys
24X internal CD-ROM
internal 1.44M Floppy drive
AC adapter included
manual in electronic text format
can be printed or embossed if needed
quick reference of function keys
printed or embossed if needed
windows 98 included
along with authentic CD and KEY
Can include optional burned disk of any distro you wish.
no battery included as I believe that it was the cause of my hard drive
failures..
I'm asking somewhere between 400 and 500 US dollars.
I will pay shipping to anywhere in the contenintal United States
No modem included
It  would have to be PCMCIA
If your running windows on it, you can just grab any cheep v90 or v92 modem
out there.. If linux you  may want to ask a little. If you want to go
network adapters linksys makes the EC2T which works fine in Linux with the
newest PCMCIA modules.
If you are interested or know anybody who has some free time on their hands
and wants a otherwise good laptop E-mail me at pturnage at tampabay.rr.com. Oh
yes it comes with a case, and a cd with drivers on it can even throw in an
extra burned copy of the original for your archival purposes.
It is only 2 years old bought it in June of 2000 and it cost 1400 but
laptops of that same used quality are going for around 500 on price watch.
anyway the only reason I'm posting this here is because it runs Linux
really good, and I know there are a lot of computer literate people who
have time.. Besides Ebay charges a fee to sell your items there so before I
try it, tehre I want to here, oh yes if you live in the Miami Florida area
and are interested in having a look at this please E-mail me and we'll
exchange phone numbers and then address and work something out.
thanks
Patrick

-----
Patrick Turnage