Network card problems

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Oct 6 14:31:38 EDT 2002

Ok, I'll kill 3 birds with one stone so to speak.

A lot of you are suggesting that Alex telnet into his new box. However, as Alex has already stated, his network interface on that box doesn't work, (that's what this whole thread is trying to solve).

Second, slackware's netconfig should already have added a default route for you. If not, the syntax is as follows.

"route add default gw 192.168.1.1 netmask 0.0.0.0"

I know some people will ask why you need the netmask 0.0.0.0 part, but things don't work for me if I don't include it. Also, I didn't make that up, I got it from my /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 or rc.inet2 file (don't remember which one configures the interfaces).

Greg