8.0 problems.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Oct 6 13:28:25 EDT 2002

Adam, I don't understand you. On the one hand you criticize RH for being loose about their approach to the GPL and
fiddling with kernel settings. Of course, the GPL does allow this. You do know that, right? Then, in the next sentence
you criticize them for dropping MPEG support because of Fraunhoffer's recent patent rumblings. Isn't that adherence to
the GPL?

So, what's your problem? You want strict interpretation? Or not?

Seems to me you can't have it both ways, logically speaking. Not that anyone needs to be logical, I guess. But, I don't
understand the principles you seem to be trying to espouse here. What are they, exactly?