8.0 problems.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Sat Oct 5 18:32:42 EDT 2002

Hi,

     The problem is that RH is going with the newer clock speed in the
Kernel.  Up until now, everyone used Hz=100.  Now, RH is using Hz=512.
To fix the problem, go into the /proc/speakup/dec_express directory.
There will be some control files.  The ones you need to change are
jiffy_delta and delay_time.  The first needs to be multiplied by five and
the second needs to be divided by five.  For example, if the value of
jiffy_delta is five, make it fifteen.  If delay_time is five hundred,
make it one hundred.  Do this with the "echo" command.  BTW this only
affects the i686 and Athlon processors.

          HTH.
--
          Bill