Network card problems

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sat Oct 5 16:38:25 EDT 2002

Hi all,

i put a 3com etherlink3 isa ethernet card into my linux box.  When I ran
netconfig to set up the network, I filled out all my settings, like using
dhcp and the address of my dhcp server, and when it asked if I wanted it to
probe for my nic, I said yes.  It came back with the right network card,
using the 3c509 module.  I then finished netconfig, and ran ifconfig eth0.
And now my problem occurred.  Everything was shown, like mac address, etc,
but no ip address.  Also the link light on my router wasn't on for that
port.  I restarted and found that the link light on the router turns on for
about 5 seconds during boot, then goes out.
What could be my problem?
Explorer has caused a general protection fault in module kernel32.dll. I'm
sick of Winblows!