Getting rid of Linux

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Oct 4 19:31:52 EDT 2002

Hi:

I've not used grub, but I'd guess it'd be a similar setup to lilo.  Go into
linux and take a look at the grub program help or the grub manpage.  There
should be a command that will allow you to uninstall grub.  With lilo, it's
'lilo -u'.

As for fdisc, you'll probably have to run the DOS version as I'd hate to
think what would happen if you ran it under Linux and deleted the linux
partitions out from under it.  I've only used it a few times so I can't
give you blow by blow instructions, but it's pretty straight forward.

WARNING: DOS fdisc implements changes straight away, without needing you to
do a write before implementing your changes.  So you can't cancel later.
So make sure you want to do what you are about to do before typing it.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html