Speakup digest, Vol 1 #1889 - 9 msgs

Thomas Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Fri Oct 4 10:05:19 EDT 2002

Hi, Geoff and list. There is some dispute over device names and Red hat does
it a little different. So while your info is correct it is also incorrect.
Red Hat has some simlinks defined and it is universal in Red Hat.

In Red Hat to mount the cdrom:
mount /mnt/cdrom
To unmount it is:
umount /mnt/cdrom

So please let's not confuse Anna any more. i know what I am saying is
correct in this case.
Oh, and at least on my system I do not have to be root to mount my cdrom or
floppy drive.
That might differ from computer to computer, but at least my experience is I
can mount and unmount drives without having to be root.