found out More info

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Wed Oct 2 19:59:02 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Jerry Matheny wrote:

> Hey all!  I found out a little more info.  I found out that the sound
> card is an AC97.  So I guess the question now is where can I get this
> driver?  And how does one go about installing it?  Any assistance would
> be very much apprecitted.

I'd pretty much come to this conclusion.  The only match for nVidia that I
got from the install file in the ALSA tree was for the intel8x0 module,
which is the module for Intel AC'97 motherboards.  I only have the alsa
0.9rc3 driver source unpacked here, so don't know if it's in the 0.5x
series or not.  I couldn't find a match in the OSS drivers, but I'm still
running 2.2.20 so there may be more in the 2.4.x tree.

I don't know if there's an easy redhat way to install ALSA or, if there is,
if using it is encouraged.  I generally tend to get the sources, but that
can be a bit involved if you've never done it before.  I'm happy to give
instructions if no-one else comes forward with a way that will save you
some steps.

Geoff.