Dec Talk internal cards supported?

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Tue Oct 1 21:40:58 EDT 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Jude DaShiell wrote:

> There's a batch file that runs to get the dectalk going.  That batch file
> contains the irq and hex addresses you need being passed as parameters to
> the dos initialization software to access the dectalk in linux.  If you
> can find out what that software sends to the hex port to initialize the
> dectalk, assembly experience required it might be possible to expand
> support.

How to upload the software is not the issue.  The issue is getting the
software that you need to load.  Since, at present, speakup wants to enable
the synth from the get go, there are no filesystems available from which to
retrieve the software to send to the card.  The only other alternative is
to store it in the driver itself.  I don't know how big this software is,
but this is probably a flagrant waste of space if it's at all doable.

geoff.