CVS Speakup, Kernel 2.4.19, and so on

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Sat Nov 30 17:47:22 EST 2002

Hey y'all,

So...I guess if I want to be on the cutting edge (well, no, that'd be
2.5...oh well.) Anyway...I'm using kernel 2.4.19 and the CVS Speakup.

I understand there's a new keypad feature; ctrl/keypad 1, to move to
the end of a line to mark it. However, when I do loadkeys
speakupmap.map to use that keymap (I'm still using my old one), I get
a message that say there's an error in the keymap.

Looking at the keymap file, it looks like there's been something very
sensible done...the assignment of names in English to Speakup key
functions. This should, of course, make writing keymaps even easier!
However, for some reason my machine doesn't like these new names,
apparently.

So--what to do? How do I take advantage of this spiffy new feature? (I
will update my laptop keymap that I'm using everywhere now to reflect
the changes--once, of course, I can use the new keymap myself.)
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,