Red Hat 8 with Speakup

Ed Barnes e_barnes at nf.sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 26 22:47:51 EST 2002

Hi Matt, possibly somebody has already answered this question for you as
I'm reading mail I fetched around 9 tonight and generally the gang on here
are pretty quick answering things.
Two suggestions.
1. Check to see that the append statement in /etc/lilo.conf includes the
necessary declaration foryour particular synthesizer.
It should look something like:
Append="speakup_synth=your_synth's_key_word"
2. If you're getting boot up messages but no speech at the login prompt
check to make sure you have run level 3 in:
/etc/inittab
Good luck and hth.