getting started

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Nov 24 18:23:18 EST 2002

Hi, Glen:

Thanks for the compliment on our writing.

As to whether Red Hat and Debian offer the same to users--yes, with the
understanding that they do it differently. And, you must also understand
that people can become very passionate about such things. So, don't
expect that we'll always want to revisit this ancient debate just
because someone comes along and says "please talk about it again."

Lastly, please don't follow the hyperlinks to iso images in that HOWTO
document. I need to bring it up to date. The hyperlinks will still work,
but they point to the previous version, and not the current one.

Instead, goto any Red Hat mirror site, if you choose to download Red
Hat, and be sure to download version 8.0. These iso images are still on
the Speakup page at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/redhat/8.0/

You really only need the first three disc images, disc1, disc2, and
disc3.