synths in general

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Nov 24 10:31:41 EST 2002

Patrick Turnage writes:

> I heard a long time ago about some kind of hack to the
> doubletalk that would allow it to speak faster, but I'm not even sure it
> has been a while.. Maybe it was the lite talk..

I used to always buy my Doubletalk/Litetalks directly from Larry
Skutchan because his seemed to go faster. Unless I'm totally losing it,
he told me once, a very long time ago, that he'd done something to make
that happen, but I don't know what. It may even have been burning his
own ROMs. There was definitely a difference, because at AFB, we had both
Larry's and Randy's units side by side. You could always tell, because
the power supplies and power jacks between Larry's and Randy's units
where NOT interchangeable. They weren't the same size, physically.

I don't think MicroTalk is in this business any longer, however.