hard drive setup

erik burggraaf erik at erik-burggraaf.com
Sat Nov 23 21:43:55 EST 2002

What I did was to use a bootable flopy to boot into slackware.  Oncwe the
kernel and some basic componantes were loaded into ramdisk, I was able to
run fdisk.  Detales are quite well spelled out in the instalation howto that
is available from the speakup ftp server.
Watch out!  The howto states at one point that very little is going on, when
actually, you get a wealth of valuable info from the program.  The important
tidbit in this case is that you need a linux swap partition, and the type
code for linux swap is 82.  I missed this on the first pass or two.  Other
than that, the howto is thurough and clear, and you should have very little
problem with it.
If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.
Cheers,
Erik
"I'm not a monster; I'm a friend who raves and drules."
The killjoys
email:  erik at erik-burggraaf.com
visit the sort'a half website:  www.erik-burggraaf.com
Rico via MSN:  gooderik at hotmail.com