swap, and accent pc with speakup questions

Toby Fisher toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 17:15:21 EST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I have a couple of questions, which I would appreciate answers to please.
>
> 1. q. Is there a way to check swap partitions for bad blocks, and mark
> them as bad? I have a feeling that since they're not ext2/ext3, that
> you can't just use e2fsck with the -cc flag.

No, e2fsck won't work, unless of course, you turn off swap, (swapoff -a),
make that partition as e2fsck and check it.  Of course, only do this if
you have enough physical ram, but that should do the trick for you, even
if it's a bit of a fudge.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808