swap, and accent pc with speakup questions

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Nov 21 15:15:21 EST 2002

Hi all.

I have a couple of questions, which I would appreciate answers to please.

1. q. Is there a way to check swap partitions for bad blocks, and mark them as bad? I have a feeling that since they're not ext2/ext3, that you can't just use e2fsck with the -cc flag.

2. q. I got my accent pc yesterday. I noticed that with window-eyes, it speaks full numbers. However, with speakup it only speaks digits.
Is there a way to change this so that it speaks full numbers?
Also, the manual details all the escape sequences for the synth, one of which control's the way it speaks numbers, but I don't think I can just send those directly via speakup.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Greg