fake user agent

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Nov 18 13:27:56 EST 2002

Buddy Brannan writes:

> Is there somewhere in the lynx.cfg that one sets the user agent, or
> must it be done on the command line each time? (And what's the
> syntax--I don't seem to have got it right yet)
> --
I usually do it on the fly with 'o' for options, and 'a' for agent. Lynx
warns that I'm telling a lie, which I certainly know, of course. But, it
does do it.

I have been doing Mozilla-1.0.1, but I don't think this is necessarily
right.

For more info, look at:

http://www.mozilla.org/build/user-agent-strings.html

and the current version of this Mozilla document at:

http://www.mozilla.org/build/revised-user-agent-strings.html

To see how Apache can be used to make decisions based on the user agent
declaration, look at:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_setenvif.html