Installing Linux with Speakup Scheduled at CSUN

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Sun Nov 17 11:12:17 EST 2002

Ah, you understand, but still are missing a part of my point. Yes, true
you want to do all these things, but not everyone does. Those who choose
Linux are not generally your typical user or are searching for something
better. As far as whether a gui or commandline offers more control, well
you could debate that point. I see the gui as making some tasks more
efficient and the commandline allows probably for more flexibility and
certainly for tweaking some like the output of a directory listing; well
without a doubt its faster to type in what you wish to have as a result
than it is to put check marks in boxes.
Does this make more sense?

Scott