Installing Linux with Speakup Scheduled at CSUN

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sun Nov 17 09:55:21 EST 2002

Hi Chuck. Very good points. You're absolutely right on the expert thing.
Everyone who installs Linux will be invited to become an expert at how
their system works, and many will accept the invitation. However, sadly,
many will keep playing the M$ game, and be masked from the underlying
hardware and software by a silly gui that doesn't promote all the
functionality I would expect from an operating system for example.

May you code in the power of the source,
may the kernel, libraries, and utilities be with you,
throughout all distributions until the end of the epoch.