Popular packet sniffing packages contaminated by Trojan

Toby Fisher toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 17:32:19 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> How do those of us who install packages provided by our distros know if we're effected or not. I'm specifically thinking of slackware 8.1.

Greg, on the Slackware cd, each package has a digital signature with it.
I would think it unlikely however, since someone would have noticed by
now, remember that Slackware 8.1 has been out since the end of June.

> If these packages are effected, then will new packages be released
> with the back doors removed?

This would have been done long ago, or the credibility of Slackware would
be completely destroyed.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808