ftape-tools installation

dashielljt dashielljt at gmpexpress.net
Tue Nov 12 05:01:19 EST 2002

In order to keep speakup speaking I want to be able to back this system up
so it can be restored in the event another hacker knocks it over.  I've
not been able to install successfully ftape-tools for my trakker 450
parallel tape drive.  The system in /proc/parport/0/autotest has it listed
as a qic 117 t100e drive.  That's not so much a problem but what is a
problem is that running the MAKEDEV.ftape script writes a character
special file of 27/0 and not a device for me in qft0.  Has anyone had any
success with his software and this kind of tape drive?

Jude <dashielljt at gmpexpress.net>