ram and swap memory question

Ed Barnes ebarnes at postmark.net
Mon Nov 11 16:53:27 EST 2002

Charlie:
Top is a feature on the linux system which is used to monitor prthe status
of active and inactive processes on your linux system.
As someone who has been using linux for under a year I'm not usually quick
to recommend man pages because I sometimes find that they are not
well-written or easy to understand in my opinion, however; this one is
surprisingly clear and well written so I'd have to recommend you check it out.
Hth and good luck, Ed.