Load time is rediculous

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Nov 7 09:29:57 EST 2002

One really good reason for using normal user accounts is you are
almost guarrenteed that your machine cannot be destroyed by a careless
delete or mis configuration within your personal directory.  You
cannot do a 'rm -fr *' for example by accident:)

I remember one time using my root account to post a news article or
something and receiving an e-mail from a guy in Japan chastising me
for using root for normal day to day activities.  That was one sure way
to get an e-mail from a far away:).

There are actually a few utilities that will not allow you to run them
from root.  Postgres database server comes to mind.