UnitedLinux born without a Red Hat

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Fri May 31 09:43:23 EDT 2002

I have taken the summary of an article from a newsletter that I receive and posted it in this note. It has some interesting information that I thought the group would like to know.
For the full article, in easy-to-read printer-friendly-format, use the URL on the next line of this message.

http://staging.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/02/05/30/020530hnlinux.xml?Template=/storypages/printfriendly.html

For the full article, including all the frames and advertising, use the url at the bottom of the following message.

UNITEDLINUX IS BORN

Posted May 30, 2002 09:23 Pacific Time

A SINGLE LINUX operating environment unifying the
technology of Linux distributors Caldera, SuSE,
TurboLinux, and Connectiva will arrive later this
year, according to representatives for each company.

Expected in the fourth quarter of 2002, "UnitedLinux,"
as it's called, will provide a single, common code
base for Linux vendors to add their individual
flavorings, making it easier for users to run
applications across different Linux environments,
according to Tim Beyers, a UnitedLinux representative

For the full story:
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/02/05/30/020530hnlinux.xml?0530thpm

Steve Dawes
PH:  (403) 268-5527.