HTML in Emacs

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed May 29 18:56:28 EDT 2002

Anybody here use Emacs's HTML-mode to code web pages?  I'm curious as
the HTML mode has some limitted functionality that I think I might
need to add to.  Right now it looks rather pittiful to me.  I can code
html from scratch but I thought it a bit more efficient to use macros
or something to get the basic syntax right before I fill it in.

Example, the mode has functions for checkboxes and radio buttons but
not input boxes and forms and the form container is needed around the
other controls.  It also doesn't have table items in there either.  I
was going to try and add them to the sgml-mode.el but the code in
there boggles my mind right now.  And that isn't too hard to do with
emacs lisp:).

Just looking for ideas out there; thanks.