Minicom problem

'Georgina' gena at gena-j.net
Tue May 28 20:55:53 EDT 2002

Hi

Have you looked in your devices '/dev' directory to see if you have more
than the standard 0 -3 or in DOS terms com 1 - 4 ports?  I think that
you have to have to select advanced com ports or something in the kernel
to use com 5 or ttyS4 as your modem appears to being attempting to do.
The old way was to put the modem on com3 ttyS2 and set it to use irq 5
maybe that's an option.  Either way, I'm sure someone here will step in
and help.

Gena

Blindness Advocacy and Self Help Online www.bashonline.org