cdrom/cdr trouble or ide1 problem: BIG TROUBLE I think

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Tue May 28 01:00:54 EDT 2002

Hi all.
Well, I also just tried using a rescue and root disk to see what would come up
with my cdroms. the same thing happened as with zipspeak. hdc ic recognized and
usable; when I try to mount hdd I get something a little bit different: about
the device not being configured. Why my debian sid system is totally failing
even to assign an irq to ide1 I don't know, but at least one cdrom should be
functioning.
The scsi driver and scsi emulation are mentioned in the dmesg, so the scsi isn't
the source of the problem.

Cheryl