Kernel panic: no init found. try passing init to kernel

Ann tate886_thequeen at bigfoot.com
Sun May 26 20:53:12 EDT 2002

I know ... what a subject line. LOL!

Gregory, I know you're working hard on this, but thought I'd query the list
to see if anyone had any suggestions for either of us. To make a long story
short, folks, Gregory Nowak has been working his fingers to the bone for the
last several days, trying to help me get my modem working under zipspeak8.0.
We've discovered a bug in Zipspeak which I believe the maintainer has been
made aware of, and  doesn't really concern this problem. anyhow, he's
compiled a kernel for me, and it does seem to detect my modem while booting,
but at  the end, I get the message stated  in the subject of this e-mail.

Is there a way to  pass an init command to the kernel  using the linux.bat
file? How is it done ... and I mean *exactly* how, LOL! As in "you type the
following *here*" LOL!

Anyway,  folks, if any of you have any ideas, Gregory and I would appreciate
it. He seems, in theory, to have possibly solved my m modem problem for me.
Although, since I can't log in, I can't say for sure that he has.

In short .... HELP PLEASE???? <smile>

Forgetting why she wanted to try Linux to begin with  LOL,
~Ann